- Birth and death records for all New York State Counties
(except New York City):
York State Department of Health
Bureau of Vital Records
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12237
- Town or City Historians have varied records (all towns
have town historians).
County Public Library (TCPL)
TCPL subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition (only available
within the library) and Heritage Quest (available from
home or work to anyone with a local library card.) Additional
resoruces incluld TCPL's local history collections and The
Ithaca Journal back to 1876. Visit www.tcpl.org/navigateway.
- County Clerk
Land records 1819 to present, some census records, some marriage
records, balloting book (land given to soldiers).
- Church Records
- DeWitt Historical Society of Tompkins County
401 East State Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
(They will send a pamphlet upon request.)
- Cornell University - Department of Manuscripts and Archives
Olin Library, Ithaca, NY 14853
- Local libraries for old newspapers
- Church of Latter Day Saints - has microfilmed many old
Branch libraries throughout the United States (one is located
Or visit www.familysearch.org
York State Census Records
New York State Library, Albany, NY 12237. (A fee per
copy may apply.)
Also visit the NYS
Library genealogy web page
- National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Records on microfilm regarding military service, immigrant
arrivals, pension and bounty land (up to 1917).