TOMPKINS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Brenda Grinnell Crosby – Interim Public Health Director
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
Karen Bishop at (607) 274- 6604 or Sigrid Connors at (607) 274-6656
Tompkins County Health Department Announces Flu Clinic Schedule
September 28, 2010 – (Ithaca, N.Y.) Should you get a flu shot this year? Here’s an easy answer: Everyone, Every Year (Everyone over the age of 6 months). That is what the Center of Disease Control is recommending and the Tompkins County Health Department (TCHD) agrees. A flu shot is the best protection against the flu – it protects you and limits the spread of flu to others, particularly infants under the age of 6 months who are too young to be immunized.
The Tompkins County Health Department is offering several opportunities to get a flu shot:
- Friday, October 15 – Tompkins County Health Department, 55 Brown Road
- Tuesday, October 19 – Lifelong, 119 W Court Street, Ithaca
- Thursday, October 21 – Groton Village Court
- Thursday, October 28 – Newfield Fire Hall
- Thursday, November 4 – Trumansburg Methodist Church
- Tuesday, November 9 – Danby Federated Church (location tentative)
- Tuesday, November 16 – Dryden Methodist Church
For your convenience, appointments are necessary and are being made now for all clinics. Call (607) 274-6609.
The Health Department bills Medicare Part B. The cost is $35.00. Adults 19 years of age and above may pay in cash. Flu immunizations are free for anyone 6 months through 18 years of age.
This year the seasonal flu will protect against the H1N1 virus and two other circulating strains of flu. Only one flu immunization for most people is necessary this year. For more information call (607) 274-6609 or go to www.tompkins-co.org/flu or www.cdc.gov/flu