Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Office for the Aging, your point of entry into aging services in Tompkins County. We provide objective and unbiased information regarding the array of services available for older adults and their caregivers. Established in 1975, our mission is to assist the senior population of Tompkins County to remain independent in their homes as long as is possible and appropriate, and with a decent quality of life and human dignity.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Human Services Annex Building (formerly Carpet Bazaar)
Our new address:
214 W. Martin Luther King Jr./State Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Telephone: (607) 274-5482
You're Invited!!! The Tompkins County Office for the Aging Advisory Committee's Annual meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 21, at the Clarion Hotel. Click here for more information. We will welcome Martha Stettinius, author of Inside the Dementia Epidemic. Certificates of appreciation will be awarded to "Senior Citizen of the Year" & "Outstanding Contribution by a Senior Citizen."
- Ithaca College Project Generations Senior Prom was an exciting evening. Read the Ithaca Journal article.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers spring class schedule is now available!
- Careers in Caring is a guide for those looking for employment opportunities. Caregiving is very rewarding. Learn more today!
- 2012 Needs Assessment of Tompkins County Residents is now available. Click here to review the full assessment. Click here to read the Executive Summary.
- Step Up to Stop Falls: Easy Steps to Reduce Your Risk of Falls! (Click Here).Find out about local resources: Tompkins County Falls Prevention Resource Guide
- Stop by the Caregivers' Resource Center and lending library today!