Services of Our Office
The Tompkins County Office for the Aging is your point of entry into aging services available in Tompkins County. We provide thorough and unbiased information regarding the vast array of services for older adults and their caregivers.
The following is a list of services provided directly through our office:
- Falls Prevention: Step Up to Stop Falls (Updated 4/1/13)
- Health Insurance Counseling
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Information, Referral and Counseling
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Project CARE Volunteer Services
- Referrals for Yard Work and Snow Shoveling
- Caregiver Services & Alzheimer's Support
- Title V Employment Program
- Weatherization Referral and Packaging (WRAP)
In addition to the above services, the Office for the Aging contracts with the following agencies to provide much needed services:
Foodnet Meals on Wheels- congregate and home-delivered meals.
Lifelong- health insurance information, Senior walk program, and outreach through the Northside/Southside Program.
NY Connects- information and assistance on long term care services. In home assessments, case managment, personal care and housekeeping/chore assistance.
Better Housing for Tompkins County- health and safety related home repairs for income eligible seniors.
Finger Lakes Independence Center Registry Program- Links individuals needing in-home help with independent job-seekers.
Tompkins/Tioga Neighborhood Legal Services- legal assistance in civil matters (call the Office for the Aging for a referral)
Gadabout- transportation services for those over 60 or disabled.