Absentee Ballot Applications Links
- Temporary Absentee Ballot Application
- Permanent Absentee Application
- Military and Federal Absentee Application
- MOVE Act (Registation, absentee applications and ballot access, for Military or permanent overseas voters only.)
- Special Presidential Application (Can only be used in very specific circumstances; Information, or call our office.)
- Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot
- How to Vote an Absentee Ballot
- Overseas Vote Foundation (with link to Federal Write In ballot information)
the absentee voter:
Once the ballots are printed, you can apply for, receive and cast your ballot all in one visit to the Board of Elections. Ballots are ready about 4 weeks prior to each election.
If you requested we mail you your ballot and you don't receive it 10 - 14 days before the election, please call us (607 274 5521).
In New York
State you may not vote in a Primary Election unless you are enrolled in
a political party holding a primary. Absentee ballots are not issued to
anyone not enrolled in a party for a Primary. You may enroll in a party
at any time, but remember that the change is not effective until 7 days
after the next General Election.
If your plans
change and you are able to personally appear at your designated polling
place on election day, it is your obligation to go to your polling place
and vote in person, even if you have already cast an absentee ballot. Your
absentee ballot will then not be counted.